Vs > Lower Hutt, Taita
Johannesburg vs Lower Hutt, Taita Climate & Distance Between
Johannesburg vs Hamilton, On, Canada
Johannesburg vs Boerne, Tx, Usa
Johannesburg vs Lowville, Ny, Usa
Johannesburg vs Duverge, Dominican Republic
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Learmonth, Australia
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Tarauaca, Brazil
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Luanda, Angola
Erfurt vs Gunnarn
Aracaju vs Fichtelberg
Abilene, Tx vs Bangkok/ Don Muang
Waddington vs Aberystwyth, Wales
- The distance between Johannesburg, South Africa and Lower Hutt, Taita, New Zealand is approximately 11,775 km or 7,317 mi.
- To reach Johannesburg in this distance one would set out from Lower Hutt, Taita bearing 210.8° or SSW and follow the great circles arc to approach Johannesburg bearing 334.6° or NNW .
- Johannesburg has a mid-latitude cool steppe climate (BSk) whereas Lower Hutt, Taita has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Johannesburg is in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome whereas Lower Hutt, Taita is in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 3.5 °C (6.3°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1 °C (1.8°F) more in Johannesburg. The continentality subtype is barely hyperoceanic for both.
- Total annual precipitation averages 806.7 mm (31.8 in) less which is equivalent to 806.7 l/m² (19.8 US gal/ft²) or 8,067,000 l/ha (862,416 US gal/ac) less. About 2/5 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 14.9° higher in Johannesburg than in Lower Hutt, Taita.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Johannesburg relative to Lower Hutt, Taita. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lower Hutt, Taita vs Johannesburg
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -15 (-1)
|| -51 (-2)
|| -126 (-5)
|| -136 (-5)
|| -148 (-6)
|| -130 (-5)
|| -78 (-3)
|| -101 (-4)
|| -86 (-3)
|| -6 (0)
|| -807 (-32)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Johannesburg vs Pirai, Brazil
Johannesburg vs Watson Lake, Yukon Territory, Canada
Johannesburg vs Nikolskoe/ Beringa, Russia
Johannesburg vs Kabwe Agromet, Zambia
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Wiluna, Western Australia, Australia
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Hel, Poland
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Rize, Turkey
Lower Hutt, Taita vs Kotzebue/ Ralph Wien, Ak, Usa
Nadi, Viti Levu vs Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
Omaezaki vs Elkins/ Randolph Co, Wv
Monmouth, Il vs Selma, Al
Gisborne vs Death Valley, California
Johannesburg vs Lower Hutt, Taita Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Johannesburg
Climate Guides for Locations near Lower Hutt, Taita