| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Johannesburg in January is warm at 20.5 °C (68.9 °F).
- Afternoons can be hot with average high temperatures reaching 26 °C (78.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally mild with an average low of 15 °C (59 °F).
- In January there is a range/ variation of diurnal average temperatures of 11 °C (19.8 °F).
- The weather in January is not exactly dry with rain once in a while. Some 125mm (4.9in) of fluid precipitates across on average 15 days.
- The heavens above Johannesburg are moderately sunny having on average a pleasing 8:11 of bright solar radiation per day.
- The shortest day is 13:20 long and the longest day is 13:43 long with an average length of 13:33.
- There are approximately 5:14 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 61% of daylight hours and cloudy 39% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Johannesburg January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Johannesburg, South Africa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Johannesburg: