Climate of Johannesburg, South Africa Average Weather
- Johannesburg, south-africa, 26°8'S, 28°13'E, 1694 m (5558 ft)
- Johannesburg has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid climate that is hot all year (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Johannesburg is close to the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 16.2 degrees Celsius (61.2 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 543 mm (21.4 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 3182 hours.
- If Johannesburg were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: